"The miLKlabs Electronics Bootcamp is an intense introduction to basic and not-so-basic electronics.
Run by members of miLKlabs - Limerick's makerspace - the bootcamp will emphasize hands-on experience and practical skills, but you'll learn enough theory to be dangerous.
Some of the things you'll learn:
- What some electronic components look like and what they do
- How to wire up some circuits
- Some basic circuit theory
- How useful a multimeter is
- Some techniques for finding out why your circuit is broken
Other topics we'll touch on include semiconductors, analog vs digital electronics and controlling high-powered things from Arduinos. And some fundamental physics.
The bootcamp will be held over the 4 Thursdays of November - Dates: 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th.
7:00pm to 9.30pm
milklabs, Franciscan Friary, Lower Henry Street
€40 euro, members go free. Limited to 8 places.
milklabs will let you borrow their equipment andcomponents forthis bootcamp. But you will need to bring:
- Pen and paper
- Knowledge of basic algebra
- Calculator or smartphone