Unlike other pyramid schemes the only thing you need to invest when joining the Open Irish Directory (OID) project is a little of your time. And believe it or not, everyone is a winner,.. from the very start.
The OID is an information pyramid, a directory, a hierarchy of categories and sub-categories into which we'll organize the Irish web, blogosphere and feedosphere. There are two ways you can help us build it -
The Very Easy Way
Simply copy (drag and drop) this bookmarklet - OID - to your browser toolbar and click on it any time you visit an Irish website that you'd like to add to the directory. Please follow a few simple guidelines when submitting the bookmark -
- Edit the title to make it concise and accurate (eg. remove the "Welcome to....")
- Copy and paste a relevant passage from the webpage into the description field.
- Tag liberally
- Do not use 'Ireland' or 'Irish' as a tag - it goes without saying!
The Easy Way
Build and manage a sub-category for inclusion in the directory. Pick a category according to your domain of interest and/or geographical location. For instance you might like to build a list of websites relevant to parents in Cork. Or to list the websites for businesses, clubs and organisations in your community. Here's how -
- Register for a free account at OPMLworkstation or OPMLmanager
- Add your website and feeds to the list and keep an eye on the OID for new bookmarks matching relevant keywords (eg. 'Cork' and 'Parenting')
- Email me at address above or comment here to notify us of your new directory category
- Blog about your category and invite submissions though the process as listed in "The Very Easy Way" above.